- Turkey Mince (as little or as much as you like – we always cook extra for lunches/leftovers)
- 1 can Chopped Tomatoes
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- 1 White Onion
- Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- Chilli Flakes or 1 Fresh Chilli
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil (or any other oil of your choosing) in a pan on a medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and fry until browning.
- Add turkey mince and fry until there are no visible pink pieces of meat left.
- Pour in chopped tomatoes and add the spices.
- Mix altogether and simmer until the turkey mince is cooked through and the juices from the tomatoes are being absorbed.
Healthy food doesn’t have to be complicated or contain loads of ingredients you’ve never heard of! This meal is cheap, accessible and you can choose how your serve it. You can also add any leftover veg in the fridge (as I have done in the above picture by adding a green pepper that needed used) and I’m pretty sure it would still taste great – don’t hold me to that! We’ve tried it in stuffed peppers, with rice and poured over sweet potato wedges… all 3 are delicious!
Give it a go and let me know what you think!