Everyone seems to hate Mondays, with the dread even beginning on a Sunday evening! I get it; it’s the first day back at work, your routine is a little bit out of sync and you haven’t bought anything in for lunches. Mondays can be a bit of a nightmare, but only if you’re not prepared. I’ve got 3 ridiculously easy tips to avoid that Monday morning stress:
- Lay out your clothes the night before. It seems like a totally ridiculous piece of advice or something your Mum would say but it’s a great time saver! You can even put them on the radiator and step into cosy clothes, beating this cold weather. It makes the 6am rise that little bit easier.
- Prep your lunches on the Sunday, or at least know what it is you need to grab from the fridge or cupboards. There’s nothing worse than scrambling around with tupperware or rummaging around in the drawers for something to take to work. You’ll end up spending £5 on something unhealthy in Starbucks.
- Avoid that Double Shot Skinny Vanilla Chai Latte on the way to work. Recent studies have alerted coffee drinkers to the alarming amounts of sugar in the Nation’s favourite drinks. The sugar will give you a quick boost in the morning but will have you crashing by 11am. Swap the sweet drinks for a black coffee which will not only wake you up, but get your metabolism going too!
My Monday got off to a great start after an amazing workout in the gym. I ran 6km, giving it absolutely everything I had this morning. The carbs I consumed last night were certainly well recieved in terms of my energy levels. I didn’t stop once throughout the run and just kept pushing myself. I was so focused which I honestly put down to the fact that I now have a real goal in sight – the 10k. In terms of training for the 10k, I am going to have to get some more outdoor running done. Battling the elements in Scotland is a whole different ball game to a nice warm gym fitted with the best aircon systems.
My intake for today was:
- 2 Apple/Grape Snack Packs
- Nutrigrain Blueberry Bar
- Snack a Jacks – Salt and Vinegar
- Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Casserole
I had a pretty busy evening after work. I met Brandon’s Mum for a coffee before going to our flat viewing. Seeing the flat for the second time confirmed my love for it and we’re going to put in an offer. It’s both an exceptionally stressful and exciting time; it’s a waiting game from here on out! The gym is the perfect environment to control these emotions; turning stress into positivity.
I’m super tired now; it’s always hard getting back into things after a rest day. But a productive Monday has set me up for what is hopefully going to be a great week!